Oatmeal Energy Balls
Feeling the afternoon slump? Then I've got the perfect recipe for you!
Energy balls are the perfect little treat! They don't require any baking, are gluten-free and are perfect for a healthy snack!
They've always been a favourite of mine as they are quick and easy to make, last for a while in the fridge (unless you eat them all at once... aha) & are perfect as a snack or as a sweet treat after a meal.
These oatmeal energy balls definitely help to satisfy those sweet cravings!
This recipe is simple and requires a limited number of ingredients. They are also great to make ahead of time, especially when life gets a little bit hectic!
This recipe makes 10 small energy balls and is:
- uses only 8 ingredients
- no-baking required
They take just 10 minutes to make, last around 1 week in the fridge (and about 1 month in the freezer) and can easily be adapted to suit your flavour preferences.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Freezer: 1 month
Fridge: 1 week
Allergens: contains nuts, soya and sulphites
100 g gluten-free rolled oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp unsweetened soya milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add the dates to a food processor or blender and pulse until they break up into smaller pieces.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients & pulse until combined.
3. Next, carefully roll the mixture into 10 small balls, using your hands to mold them together. This mixture should make 10 balls.
4. To set, place the balls in an air-tight container and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes. After that, they are ready to eat! They will keep fresh in the air-tight container for around 1 week in the fridge and 1 month in the freezer.
- nutrition information is a rough estimate
- contains allergens: nuts, soya and sulphites
NUTRITION: PER SERVING (one energy ball)
Total fat: 1.9 g
Saturated fat: 0.3 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fibre: 1.4 g
Sugars: 3.9 g
Protein: 2.2 g
Salt: 0.06 g
- contains nuts
- contains soya
- contains sulphites
Happy 'no-baking' :)
Please make sure you follow me on instagram for nutrition and non-nutrition related posts, motivational quotes and recipes!
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roothealthnutrition/
I would love to see your take of my recipe- so tag me on your photo using the hashtag #roothealthnutritionuk @roothealthnutrition
And don't forget to share and follow me (on here and on Facebook: fb.me/roothealthnutritionuk ) for more yummy recipes like this one.
Hannah Warn BSc (Hons), ANutr is an associate registered nutritionist based in Thornbury, Bristol. Contact her directly at email@example.com with the voucher code 'ROOTHEALTH2019' for a free 20 minute phone consultation.