"A Healthy Outside Starts From The Inside"
Updated: Mar 4, 2019
Good morning to all my lovely readers!
It's almost the weekend, which makes Thursday one of my favourite days of the week!
As January is nearly over, I thought the topic of 'health' and what this means in relation to nutrition and to you, would be a good area to cover.
So- what does being healthy look like? A question that many people ask every day. My response? It doesn't- and it's wrong to assume you know anything about an individual's health simply by looking at them.
There are so many products on the market today claiming to "fix" or "cover up' things that we don't like about ourselves, our appearance or the way we feel. But the truth is, health is not something that we can simply buy in a store- it is something that starts from the inside and that's where our focus should be.
So, on that note. Here are my Top 6 Tips to help you create a healthier inside:
1. Nourish your body with nutrient-rich foods: think vegetables, fruit, starchy foods (wholegrain & wholemeal where possible), unsaturated (healthy) fats (in small amounts), protein (beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat) and include some dairy foods (or alternatives) too!
2. Hydration is key!: Drink 6-8 glasses of fluids per day (water, tea, coffee and low-fat milk all count)
3. Stay active!: make time to exercise each day, even if only a little.
4. Get enough SLEEP
5. Be grateful- one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day
6. Don't put all your eggs in one basket: Remember that, yes-health is important, BUT- there are also many other important things in life like making time for you, your hobbies, to see your friends and to do the things that make you feel happy.
Hannah Warn BSc (Hons), ANutr is an associate registered nutritionist based in Thornbury, Bristol. Contact her directly at email@example.com with the voucher code 'ROOTHEALTH2019' for a free 20 minute phone consultation.